Josh Talks: LEAP
A dose of inspiration for the country’s youth, Josh Talks: LEAP. This was the first time when LEAP came into being, it’ll now be an annual event of Josh Talks. This year, LEAP was organised at Thyagraj Stadium, INA on 22-23 October 2016. The conference was aimed mainly at the students and also to enthusiastic youth of the country.
Leap was Delhi’s biggest conference with 24 speakers and a footfall of over 6000 people in 2 days. The speakers included:
1. Anurag Kashyap - Bollywood Director
2. Devendra Jhajaria – Paralympic gold medallist and world record holder.
3. Ritu Karidhal - Mars Orbiter Mission Director at ISRO
4. Arunachalam Muruganantham - Social Entrepreneur (TIME Magazine's 100 most influential people in the world alongside Barack Obama)
5. Deepak Ramola - Working with Syrian Refugees
6. Zeishan Quadri - Director/Writer/Actor (Scriptwriter of Gangs of Wasseypur - one of the best scripts ever written in Indian Cinema)
7. Sonam Wangchuk - Educator from Ladakh, Ashoka Fellow ('Phunsukh Wangdu from 3 Idiots' played by Amir Khan)
8. Vicky Roy - From rag picker to one of the World's Best Photographers
9. Papa CJ – Stand-up Comedian (Winner of Asia's Best Stand-up Comedian Award by Top 10 Magazine)
10. Kuldeep Dantewadia, Founder of Reap Benefit, Ashoka Fellow
11. Saket Modi - Forbes India 30 Under 30 for Technology, Co-founder, Lucideus, Cyber Security Expert
12. Robin Chaurasiya - Rehabilitating Daughters of Sex Workers
13. Ishita Katyal - Child Prodigy (Youngest TED Global speaker)
14. Sofia Ashraf - Rapper (Raps about environmental issues)
15. Vineeth Vincent - Musician and Beatboxer
16. Sheelika Ravishankar - Member, Team Indus (India's entry to Google Lunar X Prize), Mission to the Moon
17. Ryan Martyr - Dancer
18. Tanmoy Ghosh - Wildlife Conservationist
19. Babita Kumari -Olympian Wrestler
20. Ankit Kawatra - On a mission to end hunger in his lifetime
Every speaker had their own story, the one point which was common to all of them was; they all worked hard and struggled a lot to achieve what they believed in.
Mr. Kashyap wanted to change the typical Bollywood cinema, but was short of funds, but he didn’t give up; he found an abandoned room in Mumbai, cleaned it himself did all the blue collar jobs and directed his 1st movie ‘Paanch’.
Babita Kumari, an Olympic wrestler and Commonwealth Games gold medallist is 1 among her 5 sisters who wrestle as a career. No one could have imagined a female wrestler in a small town in Haryana, but Kumar’s family produced 5 of them and each one a medal winner in Commonwealth Games. She used to wake up at 4 in the morning, practice until 8am, attend school between 8am – 2pm and start to practice again from 3pm to 8pm. She worked relentlessly and hard for it, she achieved it.
Sheelika Ravishankar - Member, Team Indus (India's entry to Google Lunar X Prize), Mission to the Moon. She and her team didn’t have any astronautic background but they believed in the idea, and here they are as the Finalist in ‘Google Lunar X Prize’.
Every story was powerful and depicted the hard work they’ve put in over the years. Deepak Ramola, who hosted the event kept people engaged with his fun activities. Josh Talks founders – Shobhit Banga and Supriya Paul announced LEAP 2017 after the grand success of this year’s LEAP.
Josh Talks has also uploaded the video of each inspirational speaker talk of LEAP at www.joshtalks.com