Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Date: 23 June 2019
Type: Hill Fort
Height: 1867 Feet above MSL
Base Village: Vadgaon
Region: Karjat / Panvel
Meeting Place: Panvel railway station
Meeting time: 07.30AM
Manikgad is located near Panvel of Raigad District. It is 62 kms and 116 kms away from Mumbai and Pune respectively. The trek to Manikgad is easy but tiresome as one has to take a complete round of the fort to enter. On reaching, you will find 2 – 3 water cisterns, remnants of the fort, limestone grinder and a temple.
The fort was built by Bhoj Raja before Shivaji Maharaj took this fort ender the Maratha regime. In the treat of Purandar, this fort was handed over to Mughals among many others.
Many trekkers visit this fort during monsoon as it does not exhaust them much and the surrounding is picturesque. If the weather is clear one can view Karnala, Irshalgad, Prabalgad and glimpses of Kalavantin Durg.
Day 01 - 23 June 2019
• Meeting Place - Panvel station
• Meeting Time - 07.30AM
Note - Catch 06.00AM train From CSMT
• 07.45AM - Travel to base village
• 08.30AM - Breakfast, Introduction
• 09.00AM - Start Trek to Fort Manikgad
• 12.00Non - Explore the fort and lunch atop
• 01.30PM - Start descend
• 03.30PM - Back to the base village & Lunch
• 04.00PM - Travel back to Panvel
•07.30 PM- Reach Mumbai
• Panvel To Panvel Transport
• Basic First-aid
• Trekking insurance
• Anything which is not mentioned in the includes
THINGS TO CARRY
• Identity Proof (must)
• Torch with an extra battery (must)
• A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters)
• Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits etc.
• Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
• A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
• Extra pair of clothes, Rain Coat, Wind Cheater, etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands free while trekking.