Carrying or consuming alcohol and addictive substance is strictly prohibited in the trek. If caught, you will be expelled from the group without any further discussions or refund.
DarkGreen Adventures (#DGA) invites you for a mind-soothing trek to Bhimashankar via the Ganesh ghat route. There are two main trek routes to Bhimashankar – Ganesh ghat and Seeri ghat. Ganesh ghat passes through the tranquil forests of Bhimashankar.
Grade: Medium. You need to walk 25kms. It is not a flat trail but uphill and downhill through forest.
20:00 - Take 20:03 slow local to Karjat from Thane Platform no.3. You can also board this train from any stations on the way. Alternatively, you can take 19:55 Karjat fast from CST. People coming from Pune can take express trains halting at Karjat.
21:45 - Reach Karjat. This is the actual meeting point.
23:30 - Reach Khandas by Jeep. Have Introduction and then start trekking from Ganesh ghat
03:00 - Reach Padarwadi and rest for a few hours in a village home
06:00 - Start trekking towards Bhimashankar.
08:30 - Reach Bhimashankar, have breakfast and get darshan in the temple.
11:30 - Start descending back to Padarwadi
14:00 - Have lunch and then continue the descend
17:30 - Reach Ganesh ghat and move to Karjat in a jeep and take the next local
20:30 - Reach Mumbai
- Travel from Karjat to base village and back in a jeep
- Forest entry charges in Bhimashankar region
- Night Accommodation in a village home
- Breakfast and refreshments
- Guidance and expertise charges.
- Tickets till Karjat Station
- Dinner on Saturday
- Bottled water/cold drinks
- Anything not mentioned in ‘includes’
Things to carry:
- 3 liter water (preferably in personal reusable bottles)
- Torches (other than mobile)
- Sleeping material like roll mat and blankets
- Good trekking shoes or sport shoes
- We appreciate participants who bring healthy foods like fruits, juices, dry fruits, Electral Powder, Energy bars etc.
- A haversack to put everything. Sling bag not allowed in trek