Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Date: 30 June 2019
Location: Thane, Dehri
Duration: 1 Day
Meeting Time: 29 June 2019 07:15 AM
Meeting Point: Kalyan Startion
Seats: 18 Participants only.
Cost - 950/-
Gorakhgad, named after Saint Gorakhnath, is a small hill fort near Murbad in Thane district. Trails through thick forest, rock cut steep steps are the major features of the trek. The apex of the fort houses a small Mahadev temple. There are rock cut water cisterns and caves near the apex.
One can see Siddhagad and Ahupe Ghat from the apex. The fort was a meditation place of sadhus and hermits. The fort was probably constructed with a view of guarding the Ancient trade route of Naneghat. Gorakhgad stands tall with the twin pinnacle of Machchhindragad.
Day 1st - Sunday
07:15 AM - Meeting point at Kalyan station and Start our journey towards the base village.
Note: Catch 06.10AM train From CSMT to Karjat
09:30 AM - Reach base village Dehri and have breakfast.
10:00 AM - Start trek from base to Gorakhgad caves.
12:30 PM - Reach caves and keep your bags in caves. Explore the fort.
01:00 PM - Start descending & reach to Dehri.
02:30 PM - Have lunch at Dehri village and start a return journey towards Kalyan station.
• Transportation from Kalyan and Return
• Guide Charges
• Trekking Insurance
• Basic First Aid
• Train tickets to Kalyan
• Anything not mentioned in the above inclusion list
THINGS TO CARRY
• Identity Proof (must)
• Torch with an extra battery (must)
• A bottle of water (At least 3 Liters)
• Some ready to eat food, Plum Cakes, Biscuits, etc.
• Personal Care Medicine those which u require usually.
• A good trekking shoes, extra pair of socks.
• Extra pair of clothes, Rain Coat, Wind Cheater, etc.
• A haversack to put in all the things to be carried, so that one has one's hands-free while trekking.