Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Karnala fort (also called Funnel Hill) is a hill fort in Raigad district about 10 km from Panvel city. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The sanctuary is quite small with an area of 4.27 square kilometers. It is home to over 150 species of resident and 37 species of migratory birds who visit the sanctuary during winter. Two rare birds i.e. Ashy Minivet and Malabar Trogon have been sighted here.
Karnala fort actually consists of two forts one at a higher level and other lower. At the center of the higher level is a 125 feet high basalt pillar. It is also called the Pandus tower. This structure was used as watchtower when the fort was occupied.
Meeting Point: SGNP at 6.am
06:00 am - Start from SGNP
07.00 am - Dadar east near Kotak Mahindra bank
09:00 am - Reach Karnala and have breakfast
09:45 am - Start Trek
12:00 pm - Reach the top, click photos
01:00 pm - Start to descend.
3:00 pm - Have lunch
4:30 pm - Start the journey back
8:00 pm - Reach SGNP
(all timings mentioned above are tentative)
Cost of the event 850/-
Traveling from sgnp to sgnp by private non/ac bus
Safety and other equipment required for the trek.
Anything not mentioned in inclusion
The things to carry:
- Extra pair of clothes
- A photo ID card. (must)
- Some ready to eat food (plum cakes, biscuits)
- Drinking water
- Rucksack to carry all things. ( No handbags/jholas)
- Sports Shoes/Trekking Shoes (Compulsory)
- Camera (Optional)
- Camp leaders decision will be final and binding.
- Adventure Geek reserves all the right to change/deviate/cancel the plans without prior notice.
- Please do not carry or wear any valuables, ornaments, jewelry, etc. If carried, then we Do Not take any liability for the same.
- The campsite has a strict NO Smoking/Drug/Alcohol Policy.
- All the timings mentioned above are tentative.
Cancellation and Refund applicable on the whole tour cost :
If cancellation is done prior to 10 days of outing 75% will be refunded.
If done prior to 5 days of outing 50% will be refunded