Carrying or consuming alcohol and addictive substance is strictly prohibited in the trek. If caught, you will be expelled from the group without any further discussions or refund.
Grade: Medium. You need to cover 22kms trek (uphill and downhill) within 8 hours.
Kudremukh is touted as one of the best treks of SouthIndia. It will surprise you with its pleasing landscapes in every turn. The word “Kudremukh” in Kannada means “horse face”, as one of the sides of the mountain resembles the shape of a horse face. It is the third highest peak in Karnataka located inside the protected forest known for its biodiversity and Tigers.
22:00 - Catch “12133 Mangalore Express” from CST-22:00, Thane-22:35, Panvel-23:15
14:00 - Reach Mangalore and start traveling to Kudremukh base in a private vehicle. Enjoy the local coffee and sceneries.
18:30 - Reach our homestay.
20:00 - Dinner and campfire
05:00 - Get up early, have to breakfast and get ready for the trek
07:00 - Reach the starting point of the trek in a jeep
11:30 - Reach Kudremukh and enjoy the million-dollar views of surrounding hills. We will have a packed lunch here.
18:00 - Start traveling back to Mangalore.
23:00 - Catch “16346 Netravathi Express”
17:40 - Reach LTT (via Panvel-16:15 and Thane-17:00)
Basic fee Includes:
- Travel from Mangalore Station to Kudremukh and back
- All Food and refreshments in Kudremukh (i.e. excluding train)
- Accommodation in a homestay with hot water facility
- Entry Charges at Kudremukh
Basic fee Excludes:
- Train tickets
- Food or drinks in train and bottled water/cold drinks during the trip
- Anything not mentioned in ‘Includes’
Things to be carried:
- At least 2-litre personal reusable water bottle (compulsory, all the time in your bag)
- An extra pair of dry clothes.
- Trekking or sport shoes. Extra sleeper or floater.
- A good quality backpack (to be carried during the trek)
Recommended (but not compulsory)
- Healthy foods like juice packets, dry fruits, energy bars etc.