Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
We are back with our most loved camping event! On June 29 and 30, we’ll be climbing up the mountain of Prabalgad in Panvel. This is your chance to pitch a tent amongst clouds, at the height of 2300 Ft.
On this camping event, enjoy walking through a dense forest and locating birds, reptiles and small mammals. You’ll also get to experience the abundance of flora and fauna at the fort with ruins of old buildings and water tanks.
When you wake up the next day, you will be rewarded with a panoramic view of Matheran, its neighboring hill-stations, Kalavantin Durg and not to forget a mesmerizing sunrise.
Moreover, you’ll get to gorge on some of the most delicious Maharashtrian food that you have ever come across.
One of the most notable moments of this trek is to get a glimpse of the stunning Kalavantin Durg. If you haven't heard about 'Kalavantin Durg', you should know that #Buzzfeed ranked this exotic destination at #11 in their blog on most beautiful abandoned places in the world!
About the location: Prabalgad lies on the Prabal plateau between Matheran and Panvel and one can easily spot it from the Mumbai-Pune expressway.
It was among the twenty-three forts that were handed over to the Mughal Empire. In 1658, the Marathas took over the fort once again. The fort was built to keep an eye on the ancient ports of Panvel and Kalyan.
The British Government wanted to develop Prabalgad is a hill station but were thwarted in this plan on account of the difficulties caused by the lack of water.
It sure goes deep down in history!
The difficulty level of this trek is MODERATE, however, this is an Endurance based trek.
This means the ease of climbing up to the summit is Moderate, however, the duration of the trek is long. Participants must be mentally ready to walk for a few hours.
Uphill is approx 4 hours of trekking while downhill is shorter. There will be stops during the trek for rest and re-hydration.
If you haven't been for a trek, you should know that there is a lot of walking. Moderate treks begin to present more of a challenge to first-time trekkers. So these treks are suitable for any walker looking for something a little more challenging and energetic. However, we believe that the best views come after the hardest climbs. The payoff is always equivalent to the effort.
At every submit, you are welcomed to the most majestic views & at the end of every trek, you learn that you are taking back home a lifetime of memories
Trip Itinerary: -
- Meet at CST Ticket Counter at 8:30 AM on June 29th
- We board a train to Panvel Station followed by local transport to the base of the mountain
- From the base, we begin a pleasant trek to the base village located midway to the summit at Prabalmachi Plateau.
- On arrival at Prabalmachi Plateau, we grab a quick lunch and soon leave to continue our trek upwards to the Prabalgad summit.
- As we reach the summit, we set up camp and soak in the mesmerizing feeling of being enveloped by passing clouds.
- Before we retire for the night, we gorge on delicious Maharashtrian dinner prepared by the locals while enjoying the majestic sights the summit has to offer.
- We wake up early to catch the sight of the first few rays of sunlight. Mornings are always beautiful when you're on top of the world
- We visit the perfect vantage point on Prabalgad where the glorious sight of Kalavantin Durg can be appreciated
- We soon begin our journey down to the base village for a scrumptious breakfast
- After breakfast, we continue our journey back home to Mumbai
- Local transport from Mumbai to summit and back
- 3 meals - Lunch, dinner and morning breakfast.
- Camping in tents and sleeping bags.
- Guidance by Certified Mountaineers trained at Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering, Jammu & Kashmir.
- First Aid by Certified Wilderness First Responder (WFR), trained by Wilderness Medical Associates International, USA.
How to pack and prepare:
- Grab a small to medium-sized bag and put in items mentioned in our Essentials list.
The less heavy your bag is, the easier your trek will be.
- Flashlight or Headlamp (Preferable)
- 2-3 liters of water
- Snacks and munchies to keep you high on energy
- Personal Identification
- Personal medication if any
(Please do let us know in advance about any medical conditions, if any)
A Sturdy Pair Of Shoes: - This is CRUCIAL as a bad pair could turn your trek into a nightmare. Check your shoes for possible wear and tear.
The Right Clothing: - T-shirt & shorts/full pants is ideal. Ensure that you are comfortable in what you choose to wear and that the material does not restrict your movement while trekking and climbing. Full clothing is recommended.
Dinner (veg and non-veg)
Breakfast (Poha/maggie and tea)
There are toilets and restrooms at the midway where we will take our halt for lunch. Once we reach the summit of the mountain at our campsite there are no toilets at the campsite is truly in the wilderness. The campsite is designed to deliver a raw experience. So we are going to attend the morning call the old school way, behind the bushes. We like to call it a loo with a view.
Tents, sleeping bags: -
- A 2 person tent will be shared with 2 participants, till the summit of the trek and back
-Each participant shall receive an individual sleeping bag that will be provided at the beginning of the trip at CST and must be returned at the end of the trip.
A trek in the forest requires for one to stay positive and open-minded at all times regardless of the situation. Mind you, this is not a picnic but a trek in the mountains. Mother nature could choose for the weather and environment to be tough or easy on us. However it is important for us to stay grounded and keep our heads over our shoulders, do not panic and to keep confidence in the decision of the trek leaders.
50% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is canceled before 5 days from the day of the trip
100% Cancellation Fee will apply if your booking is canceled within 5 days from the date of the trip
To ensure we maintain a high standard of outdoor experiences with sufficient attention to safety, this trip is restricted to limited group size.
Jack & Hill Adventures is a Mumbai-based adventure tourism company that creates outdoor & adventure experiences in & around Mumbai. A few of our activities are Sailing, Trekking, Camping, Mountain biking & Wildlife Trails. You can check out our list of upcoming trips here: Jack & Hill Adventures