Thank you for your interest, we have recieved your query and will get back to you shortly, in the meantime you feel free to browse more events below.
Oops, looks like there was an error while submitting, please try again after sometime.
Paithalmala, also called Vaithalmala, is a popular hill station, and only a few know that it exists in the Kannur region in the state of Kerala. The station is one of the few where nature is not largely affected by the human population. The location is said to be a treat for all the nature lovers, photographers, selfie lovers and the same goes for all the adventure lovers. Ditch the basic tourist destinations in Kerala for this unexplored and unexploited spot. Hurry up before it becomes a tourist hub!
Paithalmala is more than your ordinary trek, as one can visit an observatory tower located at the hilltop, a 45min walk from the Paithal Valley.
Trek Level - Easy To Moderate
Day 0 - Leave Bangalore. - Join your fellow travelers and be a part of the funfilled ice breaking session on the way!
Day 1 - Reach Homestay - Freshen Up Breakfast - Start the Trek - Packed Lunch - Descend - Jeep Ride to Palakayyam Thattu - Reach Homestay for high tea and snacks - Dinner and Bonfire
Day 2 - Wake Up early morning - Freshen up - Head to Kannur - Explore Kannur Fort and Beaches! - Reach Bangalore by Monday early morning 5 AM
- Accommodation in tents on sharing basis - Separate for men & women - Sleepings bags/blankets available
- Breakfast on Day 1 and Day 2 - Lunch and Dinner on Day 1 - All meals included will be Veg
- Non-A/C Tempo Traveller or Mini-bus with push back seats - depending on group size - Bangalore to Bangalore Jeep Transfer from Suryanelly and back.
- Trek Leads from Plan The Unplanned Team - Camping equipment/Sleeping Bags - Forest Guide - Off-road jeep ride - Campfire - Entry fees to all locations
- Lunch and Dinner on Day 2 - Any kind of insurance - Personal Expenses (snacks, mineral water, etc) - Anything not included above
Following are the pick-up points & timings:
1. KTM Mekhri Circle | 10:00 PM Mekhri Circle Junction, Raj Mahal Vilas Extension, Armane Nagar, Bengaluru 2. New Shanti Sagar Hotel | 10:30 PM Old Airport Road, Domlur, Bengaluru 3. Swad E Punjab | 11 PM Teachers Colony, HSR Layout, Bengaluru
- Please select your preferred pickup point from the drop-down list while booking - Any change in Pick up locations/ timings would be updated via mail 24 hours before the start of the trip - Drop-off points shall be the same as the pick-up points
Things to Carry:
- Small backpack to carry your essentials during the trek - Water bottles 2 (1 liter each) - Lunch Box & Spoon to carry your packed lunch - Raincoat/Bag covers in case of rains - A comfortable pair of shoes with good grip for trekking - Flip-flops for lazing around the campsite - Torch/Headlamp to be used at night - Portable chargers for your electronics - Extra pair of clothes to change into once wet - Poly bags to pack your wet clothes - Extra cash for meals not included in the itinerary
Note: 1. Consumption of alcohol, intoxicants, and smoking would not be tolerated during the entire course of the journey. Kindly co-operate with us to make the experience more fun. 2. Put Litter in its place, do not trash the mother earth. 3. Plan The Unplanned shall not be responsible for any of your belongings, valuables, jewelry, etc. Kindly do take care. 4. In the case of traffic delays or breakdowns expect a few delays in reaching the destination.