Are you one of those people who find it tough to sit at one place, stare into a candle or just focus on breathing?
This workshop is for any person old or young looking for an alternate means of reaching a meditative state and connecting with the inner self. This course takes a path of creative movement (dance) and music to build mind-body connections and achieve the meditative state.
YOU WILL LEARN AND EXPERIENCE
1. Body awareness – listening to what our body is saying, how it is feeling and what it needs
2. Authentic movement – allowing your true movement to emerge - an expressive improvisational movement - body’s version of free association. It promotes self-exploration and improved mental health
3. Emotional awareness – acknowledging our emotions and allowing ourselves to feel emotions without labeling them positive or negative. Acknowledging emotions (not ignoring them) gives us true mastery of self.
4. A therapeutic movement that helps in the cathartic release of emotions pent up in our body, freeing us from the heaviness and allowing us to unwind. This helps us unburden our baggage and transcend into next phase of self-growth.
5. Connecting with the inner self – through an unconventional method of meditation, helping you understand YOUR purpose of life and providing it meaning.
DETAILS OF THE WORKSHOP
Date: 1 March 2020
Time: 10 AM - 12 PM (participants meet up at 9:30 AM)
Venue: Shoonya, Lal Bagh, Bangalore
Participation fee: 500 ( 1+1 available for early birds)
ABOUT THE TRAINER
Shereen is the founder of Best in U. She designs & facilitates innovative wellness workshops combining psychology with expressive arts to help bring about permanent positive shifts in peoples' life.
She has set out to integrate new methods like creative movement, dramatics, neuro-linguistic programming, guided visualization, mindfulness & meditation with traditional training techniques to provide a holistic learning experience.
She has observed that working with these techniques provides the added advantage of being able to access the unconscious part of the mind responsible for most habits, beliefs, perceptions, and behavior; thus providing an opportunity to build a change from inside out.
She is trained in Psychology and various methods of training as follows:
• Degree in Applied Psychology
• CID-UNESCO certified Therapeutic Movement Facilitator